NCI: As a Database Specialist - Mid Level (Database Administrator II), you will assist in the maintenance of complex databases with respect to Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, guidelines, and statistical methods in support of the U.S. Air Force's Air and Education Training Command (AETC). HQ AETC missions and operational objectives evolve in response to strategic Secretary of the Air Force, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer (SAF/CIO A6) guidance and direction. You will be a key contributor in the continued support of the Air Force's Advanced Distributed Learning System (ADLS) and their Promotion and Testing system (PTS). PTS is a multi-featured relational database system, with an associated application software suite, that facilitates senior Air Force (AF) leadership in decision making by accomplishing various empirical statistical data functions. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Directs the monitoring, administering and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Maintains database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database management
- Designs and implements complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, guidelines, and statistical methods
- Coordinates database architecture changes with database engineers
- Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- Designs and maintains database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through complex database design
- Directs all phases of database management
NCI: As a Cyber Threat Analyst II, you will Cyber Threat Analyst II, you will contribute to the development of analytical threat models and provide advice to threat studies personnel. You will support teams providing other technical services such as computer software system design/development, installation and integration planning, testing, and support of a wide-range of systems that support intelligence functions. You will conducts project briefings to assess study progress and to ensure consistency in meeting objectives. You will also prepare, submit and present reports and issue papers. You will be part of an Incident Management (IM) team that provides oversight of activities and is directly responsible for receiving, analyzing, and distributing information in order to mitigate cyber incidents/events occurring throughout the RCCs across the designated AORs. IM provides daily operational status briefings, makes technical recommendations, and provides procedural strategies for the Army Global “enterprise” network. IM provides technical support to the Army Cyber Operations Integration Center (ACOIC) staff during identification, resolution, and tracking of network intrusions and other cyber security incidents/events. IM coordinates with the RCCs, USCYBERCOM, JFHQ, DODIN, LE/CI, and IC, and various other agencies in order to triage and systematically analyze cyber intrusion events. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide a 24x7x365 IM capability.
- Provide technical expertise in support of cyber threat analysis.
- Track cyber effects requests and de-conflict with higher HQs, CCMDs, and other services and agencies.
- Manage cyber situational awareness portals and/or maintain a Cyber Common Operational Picture (CCOP).
- Conduct queries in incident databases on various issues such as trend analysis.
- Provide subject matter expertise on incidents to LE/CI agencies, as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date POC list for LE/CI agencies as routinely provided by Computer Crimes Investigative Unit (CCIU) and Cyber CI agencies.
- Track and monitor incident response activities (e.g., incident activities originating from the RCCs) throughout the lifecycle and report on metrics associated with the execution of the incident response lifecycle.
- Provide documentation through the appropriate channels on incidents and ensure standardization in documentation across the organization and DoD at large.
- Implement mitigation measures in response to general or Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), attempted exploits/attacks, malware delivery, etc. on respective networks.
- Monitor incident response actions, such as, blocking/denying access performed by the RCCs.
- Provide remote incident handling support such as forensics collections, intrusion correlation tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation tasks to on-site personnel.
- Prepare, document, and maintain any required accreditations for the execution of security operations (e.g., designated Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP)).
- Prepare detailed recommendations to the RCCs for network defense improvements to close or mitigate incidents on the Army DODIN.
- Conduct storyboard for ongoing operations, as required.
- Develop and publish incident response guidance and high-quality incident reports to appropriate audiences.
- Process, maintain, and provide receipt and tasking of tippers, NSA Cyber Threat Operations Center (NCTOC) reports, and de-conflicting of reports for clarification.
NCI: As a Senior Recruiter, you will become an integral part of the Talent Acquisition team, lending your support to a variety of business groups for both funded and proposal opportunities. We are looking for a well-poised, experienced professional comfortable operating in fast-paced and, at times, highly collaborative environment to join us here at our Reston, VA office. NCI supports a wide array of customers, skillsets, and programs to include, but not limited to, federal healthcare, cyber security, logistics, information technology support, and artificial intelligence. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Sources, interviews, and selects applicants for technical positions; meets with hiring managers to determine job duties
- Managing a requisition load, on average, between 15 and 35 positions at one time
- Matches applicants to job openings; sources for future job openings
- Lists job postings on job boards, social media, corporate career web sites, and other possible channels
- Views applications; calls applicants and perform phone screens; arranges interviews for potential candidates
- Composes offer letters and negotiates salary and benefits
- Attends job fairs and open house events across the nation, as required
- Ensures employment applications are completed and that new-hires are properly classified
- Reviews personnel requisitions to ensure equitable offers are extended
- Extends job offers to candidates and secures employment date
- Produces and distributes internal and external position openings
- Performs aspects of the employment process including writing and placing advertisements in local, and out-of-state papers and technical journals
- Collects and records applicant information for Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the Affirmative Action Program (AAP)
- Counsels managers to follow appropriate interviewing and hiring procedures to comply with employment laws (e.g., Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program and American Disabilities Act) and company procedures
- Maintains business relationships with outside organizations (e.g., outplacement firms, universities, technical schools and professional organizations)
NCI: As a Sr. IA Engineer (Advisory Staff Specialist IV) you will have the opportunity to support our ARNG program with the operations and maintenance of a large web based set of modules or applications that need to be in compliance with the RMF (Risk Management Framework). In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Leads work groups with need for specialized knowledge
- Provides expert guidance on how capabilities can resolve an organizational need and actively participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Defines business requirements and recommends a technical approach to meet those needs
- Generates design specifications for software development, which typically involves translating business requirements into detailed algorithms for coding
- Oversees development, testing and implementation of technical solution and validates final product satisfies the defined requirements
- Reviews technical documentation (i.e. user guides, training manuals, systems specifications, etc.), distributes to end-users and ensures their subject area is accurately represented
NCI: is seeking an AV / VTC Technician to provide support services for the General of Headquarters, PEO EIW&S at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The AV/VTC Technician serves as a technical practitioner in areas relevant to the project. Must be capable of demonstrating experience in conducting analysis and developing solutions and in the application of information technology. Produces and reviews technical documentation reflecting detailed knowledge of specific technical area. Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes to increase efficiency.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for daily management of site VTC and Conference Room systems such as scheduling VTC with external sites, problem resolution and configuring rooms to meet requirements for scheduled conferences.
- Perform troubleshooting of VTC and conference room equipment and executes repair or initiates trouble ticket to the appropriate office for support of components and connections external to the site VTC system.
- Perform routine performance testing to ensure VTC and other conference room equipment computer servers and workstations operate at optimal performance and capacity.
- Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation, schedule VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule andcoordinates reservations and scheduling of VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Schedule VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Perform setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of VTC sessions.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Act as an equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provide life cycle refresh projections for VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build-out projects.
- Conduct site surveys to establish VTC Systems and equipment preventive maintenance checks per customer requirements.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for VTC operations.
- Troubleshoot systems failures and accessibility problems Monitor system performance and track usage.
- Tracking special duty and ad hoc actions.
- Transporting VTC equipment and ensuring VTC connectivity for the PEO.
- Coordinating facilities management.
- Submitting of Work Orders in support of facilities maintenance and computer repair services.
- Supporting internal communications and workflow using SharePoint or other designated systems.
- Preparing documentation to support equipment purchases and management.
- Participating in recurring meetings.
- Submitting requests or tickets for service.
- Preparing quarterly/annual reports.
- Assisting with assessments for organizational moves, capital projects and stationing plans.
- Participating in IPTs and coordination meetings.
- Attending and assisting the PEO in high level meetings.
- Safeguarding and delivering Government material.
- Coordinating and aligning meetings.
- Developing materials or presenting training for professional development.
NCI: As an HR Administrative Support Specialist (HR Support (Military) for Army Program Executive Office (PEO) at Fort Belvoir, VA, you will support the Resource Management Directorate. You will use your understanding of Military Human Resources to support the PEO in the areas of Confidential Personnel Records, Information Systems and Automation Support, In & Out Processing, DEERS/Identification Card Management, Soldier Readiness Processing, Daily Personnel Accountability, Soldier Actions, Promotion Processing, Reassignment Processing, Officer/Enlisted Personnel Actions, Casualty and Line of Duty Management, Strength Management, Administrative Services, Transition Processing, Retirement Services, and Conducts Annual Reviews of the Personnel and Finance Records using the Records Review Tools in iPERMS. Visit http://www.peosoldier.army.mil/. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments
- Effectively handle routine customer inquiries via telephone and email
- Refer customers to the appropriate work center
- Coordinate with supported unit administrative personnel
- Conduct Soldier interviews
- In-process and out-process Soldiers using a standard checklist
- Access standard automated systems such as eMILPO, TOPMIS II, iPERMS, EDAS, INPROC/OUTPROC, TRANSPROC III,
- Update emergency casualty documents and enlisted/officer data elements,
- Scan and transmit document images for electronic filing,
- performs DEERS administration and issues Command Access Cards (CAC) from RAPIDS system.
- Conduct effective briefings on basic HR topics,
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy, identify and resolving discrepancies
- Support the annual records review,
- In-processing Records Review and Separation Records review by verifying and uploading receipt of KSDs that support records upkeep and pay entitlements into iPERMS
- Provides senior executive level secretarial and administrative travel support, and human resources supporting the PM/PEO and others as necessary
- Individual's work may also include handling sensitive or confidential information
- Manage PM/PEO calendar using MS Outlook
- Performs in a leadership role in providing administrative and general office support
- Prepares a variety of documents, such as: correspondence, forms, reports, statistical tables, spreadsheets, etc., using advanced skills and knowledge of word processing software
- Advises writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications
- May be required to train lower-level administrative support analyst
NCI: The Total Rewards Specialist supports the Director of Total Rewards by providing effective communication, vendor management, and general support in executing the company’s Total Rewards (benefits, compensation, wellness and rewards) programs, initiatives, and strategic objectives. The Total Rewards Specialist also manages the Company’s Leaves of Absence programs.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of all benefit plans, including onboarding activities.
- Function as first-level support for the Benefits/Compensation help desk, with escalation to members of the Total Rewards team as needed.
- Provide key assistance for the annual Open Enrollment project, including presenting benefit plans and/or changes to employees and managing COBRA open enrollment.
- Assist with compensation review projects, as well as other ongoing Total Rewards processes.
- Assist with trend scouting and evaluating market-competitive programs and perks that attract, retain and engage talent, drive customer success and further the Company’s employer brand image.
- Partner with external vendors and consultants as well as internal communications experts to develop ongoing communications that engage employees using various tools and modes of communication.
- Maintain updates to Total Rewards communication content.
- Maintain Summary Plan Descriptions, Plan Documents, Benefit Summaries and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs).
- Ensure Company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other pertinent laws.
- Assist with preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies (e.g., Form 5500, Non-Discrimination Testing, etc.).
- Manage the Leaves of Absence programs including short-term and long-term disability, FMLA, ADAAA, Workers compensation, personal and USERRA military, state sponsored FLA, and other Leave of Absence related legislation and policies.
NCI: As a Global Enterprise Fabric NIPR-SIPR-Mission (GEF-N-S-M) Networks Engineer – SME, you will provide non-personal support to the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) efforts in the network engineering, planning, integration, and management support to the Points of Presence (POP), Virtual Server Stacks (VSS), Mission Network Access Kiosks (MNAK) and Global Mission Network GEF Black Core components and services. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Analyze and resolve problems with the Global Enterprise Fabric NIPR-SIPR-Mission (GEF-N-S-M) including its multiple Secret-level networks over a common mission network infrastructure between the Regional Hub Nodes (RHN) located at Fort Bragg, Camp Roberts, Landstuhl, Kuwait, and Guam; and the Mission Network Points of Presence (POP) located at Fort Bragg, Fort Carson, Grafenwoehr, Kuwait, and Guam.
- Provide configuration, integration, and Tier III support for the terrestrial transport connecting the RHNs and VSSs.
- Develop a software defined network infrastructure to implement network services across the geographically distributed cloud implementation.
- Provide configuration, integration, and Tier III support for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) and dedicated circuits established between the RHNs.
- Analyze and resolve problems with system provisioning and network connection requirements/methods to connect a remote MNAK to Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS) POPs.
- Analyze and resolve problems with Cisco validated design for VMware vSphere 6.7 on Cisco FlexPod validated architecture with NetApp storage operating in cluster-mode.
- Analyze and resolve problems with Cisco Internet Operating system (IOS), Cisco Nexus NX-OS, ASA firewalls, data packet routing, switching, proxy services, and engineering for IP routed data networks, VPNs, and IPSEC.
- Analyze and resolve problems with WAN acceleration technologies such as Riverbed products.
- Analyze and resolve problems with KG-175 and KG-250 series of NSA encryptors and management software such as GEM X and ViaSat VINE Manager.
- NetOps capability integration in support of the classified missions on mission networks such as CENTRIXS and SIPRNet networks.
- Hands-on experience with how Microsoft Enterprise products and tools interrelate in order to ensure NetOps capability integration in support of the classified missions on mission networks such as CENTRIXS and SIPRNet networks. Examples of Microsoft Enterprise products and tools are Active Directory, Exchange, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and Key Management Service (KMS)
- Experience with Linux (RHEL) and network analysis tools (Wireshark, TCPdump).
NCI: As the Information Assurance Engineer you will support the ARCYBER command in providing 24x7x365 technical and programmatic IA support for network and information security systems. Designs, develops and implements security requirements. Prepare documentation from information obtained using accepted guidelines (e.g., DITSCAP, RMF, etc.). Prepare Security Test and Evaluation plans and provide C&A support. Analyze policies and procedures against established laws and regulations and provide recommendations for closing gaps. Develop and complete system security and contingency plans. Develop, test, and integrate security tools. Conduct security program audits and develop solutions to lessen identified risks. Evaluate, develop and enhance security requirements, policy and tools. Perform vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies. Mentor mid-level and junior staff. (Current position resides at Fort Belvoir and will be moving to Fort Gordon in about 6 to 12 months).
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Provide 24x7x365 (shift work) situational awareness and management of Army networks in support of HBSS, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Cyber Scorecard, Vulnerability Disclosure Program, Commander’s Critical Incident Requirements CCIR, and Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) incidents. This includes real-time management and surveillance of the Army’s portion of the DODIN. Contractor support shall include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Perform vulnerability management and maintain cohesive coordination with USCYBERCOM, JFHQ-DODIN, DISA, ARCYBER, Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), Command Duty Officer (CDO), RCCs, other agencies, and higher reporting echelons within the established timelines as established within the CCIR/Friendly Force Information Requirements (FFIR) reporting guide.
- Implement the IAVM and prepare weekly reports to assess progress.
- Track OPORDs (and other directives/requirements) issued by ARCYBER in order to improve compliance across the Army.
- Prepare and provide DODIN operational briefings to the Army Cyber Operations Integration Center (ACOIC) and provide input and subject matter expertise as required.
- Maintain expert knowledge on a wide range of systems and network management, DoD connection approval process, transport technology, satellite, voice, data, video, applications, information assurance, Internet Protocol (IP), and multiservice provisioning platform (edge interface) systems technology such as systems analysis and design, data base management, network integration, software and hardware analysis, software and hardware installation, connectivity, and interoperability.
- Monitor, coordinate, and report network system and security incidents for the Army network infrastructure.
- Create and receive telephone and computer-generated reports from Army IS, network elements, and users pertaining to status and operation of worldwide systems and facilities, both military and commercial, and identify and investigate the nature of technical difficulties involved.
- Coordinate with Theater Signal Commands, RCCs and other Cyber Operations Centers on outages and matters that require escalation to resolve technical deficiencies.
- Validate ACAS, CA Spectrum, and other web application reporting tools.
- Perform endpoint management and security scans using applicable tools (i.e., currently Tanium) to identify vulnerabilities across the DODIN.
- Review, analyze, track, and document incidents and outages and recommend de-confliction resolution and corrective measures. Prepare detailed briefs for senior leadership. Coordinate with the RCCs on Unauthorized Disclosures of Classified Information (UDCI) and other NetOps related issues to ensure adherence to proper procedures and guidelines.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data and recommends corrective measures. May be required to articulate the requirements of the ACOIC G33 DoDIN Branch (from the network management point of view) while participating in upcoming network management platforms and technological advances.
- Serves as technical expert and recognized authority on assigned “special projects” related to network management by the ACOIC G33 DoDIN Branch. To execute the full range of DODIN responsibilities, ARCYBER requires additional support.
- Support the ACOIC at meetings, conferences, and working groups from Army Cyber Command, HQDA, U.S. Cyber Command and JFHQ-DODIN to formulate program plans and policies, coordinate implementing actions, and facilities meetings to resolve complex issues/problems affecting ACOIC G33 DoDIN mission accomplishment.
- Maintains program and administrative reference materials, project files, and relevant background documents; maintains current knowledge of procedures, policies, directives, etc.; prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and administrative information; coordinates the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
As an Information Assurance Engineer-Senior, CAC/PKI RA support, you will provide Registration Authority (RA) services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), third shift work. You will provide technical Cryptographic Modernization, Key Management Infrastructure (KMI), Common Access Card (CAC), and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) support in the implementation of PKI daily operations in support of Classified (SIPRNet) and Unclassified (NIPRNet) Networks being assigned to Second Army and delegated to NETCOM. This includes PKI support and services to support operations requirements for Army and Army supported organizations to include the Combatant Commands (COCOMs). This is a fully-funded position located at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST II
- Registration Authority (RA) - An RA is an official recognized by the Certificate Authority to ensure that the subscribers appropriately present the necessary credentials for registration into the PKI. In the DoD PKI,
- RAs enroll devices into the PKI, revoke user certificates and authorize Local Registration Authorities to enroll individual subscribers.
- Support revocation and suspension of a certificate on Unclassified and/or Classified networks.
- Support restoration of suspended certificates.
- Support registration and/or termination of LRAs.
- Add, modify and delete directory entries.
- Perform third party key recovery.
- Approve issuance of certificates to network NPEs.
- Produce and deliver an Issuance report.
- Support retention of all associated documentation for a period of 10 years for DoD and 10 years 6 months for NSS documents. The retention can be in an electronic format, i.e. scanned image (pdf). If stored in digital format, the originals may be disposed of appropriately. All retention and disposal will be in accordance with CNSS Instruction No. 1300, December 2014
- Support duties as assigned through NSS/PKI RPS and DoD/PKI CPS.
- Provide support to LRA, TA, and ETA in accordance with DoD PKI RA-LRA CPS and RPS to ensure
- RA Operations are aligned with DISA Audit requirements.
- Monitor the RA Operations in accordance with DoD PKI RA-LRA CPS and RPS to ensure RA
- Operations are aligned with DISA Audit requirements.
- Support the Army CIO/G6 Cyber Security Directorate and the NETCOM G3/5/7 in addressing audit findings to include migration and correction of findings in accordance with DoD PKI CPS and RPS. Develop and maintain an OJT package.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BY LEVEL:
SOFTWARE ENGINEER V
- Provides consulting services to members of management, the professional staff, and the customer in the analysis and design of programming systems, problem-oriented languages, management systems, scientific systems, and related areas of computational projects
- Develops the planning and monitoring of the design, implementation, and checkout of programming systems, and provides technical direction in solving complex problems
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Performs technical tasks that frequently involve customer relations
- Develops principles and procedures for accomplishing customer-programming studies, analyzing the objectives sought and the methods to be used
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Develops analytical and computational techniques for solving problems
- Develops the formulation and design of a project
- Provides technical direction, guidance, and assistance to assigned projects
- Gives advice regarding the programming and analytical phases of development and research problems
- Develops mathematical models when required, conducting original research into modeling techniques when necessary
- Serves as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
NCI: As a Remedy ITSM Senior Systems Engineer you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide project management support for the Army Enterprise Service Management System (ESMS) based on the BMC Remedy ITSM product suite. You will support the planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ of ESMS across the Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) in support of all echelons of the Army’s portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN). You will support NETCOM in applying architecture to Army Enterprise programs at various life cycle stages. Additionally, you will provide integration support for existing and new Army Enterprise capabilities to infuse new capabilities into the NETCOM Regional Cyber Centers (RCC), Network Enterprise Centers (NEC) and Deployed Forces. You will review Enterprise concepts/designs, provide recommendations, and coordinate results with the NETCOM staff. You will review the Army and DoD policies, processes, and procedures to support cybersecurity as well as standardized implementation of enterprise capabilities. In support of Emerging Strategies, you will review, analyze and provide recommendations to utilize new initiatives and best practices to improve areas within program management. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located at Fort Huachuca, AZ; some relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic planning, execution, and management for the design, build and deployment of BMC/Remedy ITSM 9.1 x applications built on VMware, Microsoft Server and SQL, integrated in to Army NIPRNet and SIPRNet environments.
- Support the Government in the development and coordination of guidance and plans, to include operational mission needs, functional priorities, architecture considerations, implementation, and acceptance for assigned Configuration Management Database/Service Support (CMDB/SS) applications.
- Coordinate and supporting the execution of site surveys, gap identification, pilots, and deployments.
- Providing design and implementation support for the migration of operational organizations identified by NETCOM to the Enterprise system.
- Coordinate, review and maintain system documentation, to include System Design Plans (SDPs), Engineering Implementation Plans (EIPs), migration plans, Engineering Change Plans (ECPs), Implementation Support Plan (ISP), System Integration Test (SIT)/System Acceptance Testing (SAT), Change Management Plans (CMPs), RMF packages, and change and release plans.
- Leverage a solid understanding Change Control Release Management and performing CCRM duties, as required.
- Provide Development Lab maintenance and Configuration Management, developing and executing processes that ensure security, accessibility, data integrity, recoverability and sustainability.
- Support the Government in the development of integrations with capabilities/tools suites to include SCCM, SCOM, ACAS, HBSS, Arcsight, CA-Spectrum capability management and engineering, Out of Band Management, Identity and Access Management (IdAM), and Identity Synchronization Service (IdSS)/IdSS Machine Interface (IdMI).
- Providing Tier III and BMC Vendor Tier IV Engineering and Application direct support to all deployed and operational Remedy/ITSM hub and spoke components, using NETCOM Virtual Private Network (VPN) remote capabilities to access ITSM enclaves within TSC and on-site as required.
NCI: As a Web Development Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located on-site at Fort Huachuca, AZ; relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of web services.
- Create site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Perform web development specifications and requirements gathering.
- Develop and document style guidelines for web site content.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Perform or direct web site updates.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Write supporting code for web applications or web sites.
- Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption as needed.
- Perform routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications and develop and implement procedures for ongoing web site revision. Recommend and implement performance improvements.
NCI: As an Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication (EDS&A) Systems Engineer – Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will provide engineering, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities The NetOps capabilities directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrines, architecture, and organizations.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide security engineering and analysis supporting the implementation of EDS&A across the Army enterprise
- Conduct and document security risk threat assessments, prepare recommendations for countermeasures.
- Provide security-related technical expertise for the h/w and s/w components. Also, provide processes and procedures, input determination and analysis to the security policies, risk analysis, accreditation package analysis, and engineering change proposal analysis.
- Provide security expertise to support development of Operational CM baselines for EDS&A tools and systems.
- Develop procedures, such as an implementation guide.
- Implement and standardize Directory Service, and AD structures on the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and DoDIN in the Army enterprise in support of the Enterprise initiative.
- Support the Enterprise AD architecture design and migration fielding. Perform NIPRNET/SIPRNET/DoDIN AD migration support to an AD and EDS environment.
- Provide operational engineering and support the establishment of the Army Enterprise AD/EDS system. Support AD infrastructure design and migration.
- Verify and validate the Army Directory Services architecture IAW industry best business practices. Modify network design infrastructure to identify PPS for global Enterprise constructs.
- Review and recommend alignment of project requirements with related AD applications, and EDS enterprise designs and plans. Provide engineering integration support to mitigate unforeseen technical issues during CCRM.
- Develop standardized GPO, and IPSec model, design and management in support of the multiple AD/EDS environments across the Army and develop programmatic scripts as necessary. Identify and confirm that derived enterprise solutions are consistent, are without redundancy, and do not negatively impact operations.
- Conduct AD and enterprise testing for related operational RFC submitted to NETCOM. Provide and document design integration of proposed technologies for the Army Enterprise.
- Provide EDS/RDS system sustainment engineering and analysis support for the legacy EDS.
- Provide input for Project RFC submissions for CMB review.
NCI: As a Common Access Card (CAC) / Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and engineering support for certificate validation technologies such as, Microsoft OCSP; Axway Validation Suite; and CoreStreet Validation Suite.
- Provide engineering expertise and support on current Enterprise and JIE architecture with particular focus on PKI and Identity Management aspects.
- Provide test and analysis of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS)/Government of the Shelf (GOTS)/Open Source Software (OSS) products in support of the CAC/PKI program.
- Provide SysAd and service desk support to maintain a test and analysis network that tests patches, upgrades and other modifications to current baselines and current operations.
- Provide engineering support to the Army in the areas of: Smart Tokens; PKI; Certificate Revocation; CAC Pin Reset; PKE; logical and physical access; tactical PKI.
- Provide testing, analysis, integration, and support Army participation in DoD activities that merge CAC, PKI, PKE, biometrics, physical and logical access, and tactical PKI as well as the development and integration of comprehensive identification (ID) management,, for existing systems and applications.
- Provide design and documentation for analysis, integration, and testing operations for PKI.
- Analyze, assess, engineer, test, integrate and support the infrastructure components needed to make the SIPRNET PKI interoperable with DoD PKI and Network Security Services (NSS) PKI.
- Provide systems administration and documentation support to 700+ Army CPR stations in support of the current CPR infrastructure, to include working with the DoD Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
- Assess, test and analyze the latest CPR baseline changes.
- Design, engineer and implement an Army PKI infrastructure consistent with the Army vision and Enterprise Architectures.
NCI: As a Senior Information Assurance / Cyber Security Engineer, you will serve as Program Executive Office Soldier (PEO Soldier), Senior Information Assurance / Cyber Security Technical subject matter expert (SME) in the field of Information Assurance and Cyber Security for Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier, Fort Belvoir, VA. The incumbent will support the PEO Soldier’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and or Cyber Security Manager. Work closely with staff acquisition specialists and engineers who buy and or develop IT products and services for fielding to Soldiers and coalition forces. All IT products and or services, are subject to vulnerabilities and man-made or natural threats. You will be responsible for mitigating vulnerabilities and threats, and ensuring the operational resilience of those IT Systems and Devices that enhances the lethality and mission success for our Soldiers.
Highlights of Responsiblities:
- Support the PEO’s mission to provide SME guidance concerning all aspects of IT governance and cybersecurity, e.g. design and risk evaluation, throughout the entire IT Lifecycle from pre-conception to decommissioning and provide essential information to decision makers.
- Is fully engaged in the PEO’s governance of the Department of Defense (DOD) Operation of the IT Life Cycle and Risk Management Framework (RMF) providing outreach, guidance and support to Project and Product Management Offices, as they build, buy or lease IT products or services.
- Coordinates the technical aspects of cyber security into the entire life-cycle from idea, to conception, test, interoperability, training, fielding, authorization, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Developed and incorporate the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, DoD Cybersecurity Strategy, and current civilian Blue Team best practices to prepare, detect, monitor, protect, analyze and defend against evolving cyber threats and attacks.
- Assist the CISO on all matters relating to the building, buying or leasing of Information Technology (IT) Systems, National Security Systems (NSS) and devices.
- Supports the PEO Soldier CISO to maintain DOD Inspector General (IG) Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI), Clinger-Cohen Act, Privacy, and Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) and any other compliance reporting.
- Develop engineering input for program management documents to include acquisition plans and strategies, source selection evaluation plans, supportability strategies, system engineering plans, statements of work, and specifications, and ensure appropriate contract clauses are called out in contracts.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, users, ATEC, and other Government agencies as needed to translate operational and mission needs into practical system concepts and specifications; Assure compliance with contractual scope, schedules, specifications, and other requirements, and when appropriate, recommend program and contract changes.
- Develop or evaluate sampling plans based on MIL-STD-1916, ANSI Z1.4, or other industry standards.
- Review and ensure adequacy of all test plans, procedures, and reports for assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests; Ensure effective root cause corrective action for all failures as well as adequacy of validation and implementation plans.
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations and conduct physical and functional configuration audits; Conduct audits of contractor system assembly and test procedures, to ensure contractor adherence to the specification, and to all contract requirements; Work with contractors to improve their processes and implementation of process controls.
- Conduct continuing review and evaluation of system performance through review of reports, correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits, and observation of internal operations. Provide Product Assurance Suitability Statement for material release.
- Perform top level design, development, fabrication, testing, installation and troubleshooting.
NCI: As a Help Desk Technician (Desktop Support Technician I) for the Lackland Air Force Base 37th Training Group Team, you will have the opportunity assist our team in the support of the US Air Force, and provide congenial customer service and in-depth technical systems support enabling new Airmen entering the USAF to be properly trained. This challenging position will require a vast array of technical and communication-skills to support the technical and customer-related activities. Additionally, this position will support a wide variety of other activities from operating system and application support, to various hardware support activities in a fast-paced environment. If you are qualified and looking for an opportunity for growth and continued development in the IT field, we welcome you to apply! In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Install, troubleshoot and configure computer workstations, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners and install and configure software packages, routine and emergency installation of patches, upgrades, antivirus software, anti-virus signature files and upgrades.
- Answer Help Desk phone as required and provide technical information or make note of trouble calls being reported.
- Input all trouble calls in Trouble Call tracking system recommend closure of trouble call tickets when actions have been completed.
- Replace basic system components.
- Coordinate warranty replacement of components with vendors.
- Prepare computer equipment for shipping or turn-in including sanitizing hard drive, and palletizing equipment.
- Support all computer labs to ensure all computers and printers are operational, to include loading paper and replacing printer cartridges.
- Use disk cloning equipment to restore hard drive contents.
- Apply security upgrades and patches as instructed.
- Provide summaries of trouble calls that have been completed when requested.
- Provide updates to management personnel as necessary
NCI: As a Programmer Analyst II, you will perform mid-level ASP.NET development. This position requires experience in creating queries and T-SQL storage. The candidate should demonstrate the potential to learn and utilize new skills quickly. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Performs technical work using both standard and non-standard analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Determines customer requirements for the final program or system
- Analyzes problems in terms of such factors as user requirements, input data and form, output data and form, available computer configuration, processing turnaround time requirements, input and output checking, and overall problem schedule requirements
- Advises on computer requirements and limitations to help define automation needs
- May provide advice on system design configurations, procedural and technical aspects of automated records, hardware acquisition and maintenance
- Develops and writes machine or other suitable source language instructions required for computer processing
- Produces comprehensive prose and flow chart descriptions of proposed solutions to problems, based on systems analyses
- Carries a project through the design, coding, and checkout phases, as required
- Appraises techniques in which qualified, and indicates the manner in which solutions can be developed
- Analyzes and recommends methods of improving the efficiency of existing programs
- Determines system requirements
- Performs data modeling and establishes databases
- Develops pseudo codes, tables and narrative descriptions to implement changes
- Modifies internal program structure of files and records and determines sequence of actions
- Decodes, tests and documents programs
- Writes procedural guidance to be followed by users
- Maintains files, records, and operational data and prepares periodic and/or special reports and various other documents pertaining to assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Performs related work as required
NCI: As the SharePoint Administrator, you will respond to trouble tickets to resolve user problems. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains and administers Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Works with users to gathers requirements, then designs, develops, tests and implements SharePoint solutions
- Provides technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understand relationships with Active Directory, SQL, IIS, etc.)
- Creates custom web parts, custom lists, custom content types, master pages and page layouts, event handlers, and SharePoint features
- Participates in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Provides direct support for all SharePoint applications and sites; troubleshoots user access problems
- Develops, configures and maintains document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections
- Develops solutions to integrate with other business applications and creates Business Process Management solutions using both Visual Studio and SharePoint designer workflows
- Performs typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution
- Develops and maintains application documentation on an ongoing basis
- Manages the entire subsite lifecyle, including archiving materials and site close-out according to policies and procedures
- Contributes to best practices for SharePoint Development