NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
This is a full time position to assist Team Rome IT in the ongoing operation of a DoD Network Control Center. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting Cisco, Bluecoat, Palo Alto and other LAN, WAN equipment.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Operations will range from access to edge devices in a campus environment of AFRL with a primary focus on network operations. Tasking will include configure, install, administer, maintain, secure, upgrade, troubleshoot, and documentation of networking equipment, tools, ancillary support equipment, network management systems, networked based monitors, as well as network environmental monitors. Completion of escalated tickets. Configuration Management tasks, network maps and system documentation are an important aspect of this position.
The candidate must have a strong familiarity with the operation and maintenance of Cisco and other networking equipment primarily the Access layer but also can occur at the Core layer. Candidate is able to work well in a team environment with strong communication skills to communicate high level concepts to both technical staff as well as the customer. This candidate must have an entry level understanding of the following networking technologies and a strong willingness to learn. Core competencies should include:
· Cisco IOS
· SolarWinds Orion suite (SNMP Collection Station) (Preferred)
· SNMP V3 configuration and MIB generation
· Management of Access lists (Standard, Extended and Access Maps)
· Protocol analysis via Wireshark or similar tools
· Layer 2 Switching & Layer 3 Routing technologies and techniques
· 802.1x (Port Security) & Subnetting
· Static NAT, IP summarization, Route-maps, Subnetting, Multicast, Quality of Service (QOS)
· Cisco ISE
· Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) & Vlan Pruning
· Cisco Prime Infrastructure & Environmental monitors (Preferred)
· Planning & Network Design
· Introductory knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and Linux experience
· 1-3 years’ experience administering and maintaining the above or similar networking equipment at the Access, Distribution, and Core levels
Preferred Education and Experience:
Familiarity with DoD and US Air Force instructions and regulations on network security and operation a plus.
Experience operating and maintaining a DoD or Air Force Cisco network environment highly desirable.