NCI: As the Help Desk Technician, you will support all users receiving core services from the AFRL/RIOS branch including; delivery, installation, management, troubleshooting and repair facilitation. You will restore normal service operation to essential services as quickly and efficiently as possible and minimize the adverse impact on business operations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot Information Systems (IS), resolving various issues with PC desktops/laptops, peripherals, communication devices, support various Operating Systems (O/S) client and server, and desktop application software.
- Ensure all TCNO/Notice To Airmen (NOTAM) are properly applied to all systems within the specified suspense dates and report when completed via Information Assurance
- Assist with installation of client-based desktop software; report security breaches to IA Office; and provide software application assistance for commonly used office automation applications.
- Track ticket status using Remedy and update technical notes with meaningful details at a minimum of every three days.
- Resolve Remedy tickets within established contract thresholds