NCI: As the Computer User Support Specialist, (Computer Operator), on the Ft. Polk Support Team at NCI, you will have the opportunity assist our team in the support of the US Army, and provide congenial customer service and in-depth technical systems support. This challenging position will require a vast array of technical and communication-skills to support the technical and customer-related activities. Additionally, this position will support a wide variety of other activities from operating system and application support to various hardware support activities in a fastpaced environment. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Install, troubleshoot and configure computer workstations, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners and install and configure software packages, routine and emergency installation of patches, upgrades, antivirus software, anti-virus signature files and upgrades.
- Answer Help Desk phone as required and provide technical information or make note of trouble calls being reported.
- Input all trouble calls in Trouble Call tracking system recommend closure of trouble call tickets when actions have been completed.
- Replace basic system components.
- Coordinate warranty replacement of components with vendors.
- Prepare computer equipment for shipping or turn-in including sanitizing hard drive, and palletizing equipment.
- Support all computer labs to ensure all computers and printers are operational, to include loading paper and replacing printer cartridges.
- Use disk cloning equipment to restore hard drive contents.
- Apply security upgrades and patches as instructed.
- Provide summaries of trouble calls that have been completed when requested.
- Provide updates to management personnel as necessary.