NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. Coupled with a refined focus on strategic partnerships, we are successfully bridging the gap between commercial best practices and mission-critical government processes. Core competencies include:
NCI has been designated a 2018 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
As the Senior Systems Administrator, you will manage the Automation department consisting of the Service Desk, ADPE, MIS, IA, SA and NA work centers. Responsible for the administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the site level servers and network equipment. Oversees system backups, hardware/software installation and upgrades. Establishes work schedules, maintains good order and discipline and ensures all subordinates are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
1. Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 200X Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, print queues etc.
2. Daily administration of Exchange 200X servers and Outlook Web Access.
3. Microsoft SMS, MOM, SCCM and WSUS.
4. Veritas BackupExec to conduct file server Backup / Restores.
5. Maintain Systems Availability and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
6. Proficient at hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vender Server platforms including Dell, HP, fiber switch, NETAPP Virtual Servers and SANs.
7. Maintaining antivirus / security requirements by the US Army standards and regulations.
8. Provides user and Microsoft Exchange account maintenance as required.
9. Maintains Cisco Call Manager equipment.
10. Establishes shift schedules.
11. Performs employee appraisals, training records and follows the corporate leadership guide.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Science or Business Administration or Mathematics. Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of specialized experience, or an associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, or a major certification plus 7 years of specialized experience, or 11 years of specialized experience.
Certifications: VM Ware Certified Systems Engineer; UNIX Systems Certification and DoD 8570.01 M, IAT Level III Baseline Certification,
Clearance: Secret clearance (SSBI).
Specialized Experience: Four years of experience using and maintaining VM Ware Virtual Server Based OS experience. Two years direct experience with US military command and control or commercial LAN/WAN communication systems.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions: