NCI: As the Junior Unified Communications Engineer, you will assist Team Rome IT in the ongoing operation of a DoD Network Control Center. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting Cisco Unified Communications and other LAN, WAN equipment.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
The candidate must have a strong familiarity with the operation and maintenance of Cisco and other networking equipment primarily the Access level but also can occur at the Core levels. Candidate is able to work well in a team environment with strong communication skills to communicate high level concepts to both technical staff as well as the customer. This candidate must have an entry level understanding of the following networking technologies and a strong willingness to learn. Core competencies should include:
· Cisco IOS
· Cisco Unified Communications Manager
· SolarWinds Orion suite (SNMP Collection Station) (Preferred)
· SNMP V3 configuration and MIB generation
· Management of Access lists (Standard, Extended and Access Maps)
· Protocol analysis via Wireshark or similar tools
· Layer 2 Switching & Layer 3 Routing technologies and techniques
· 802.1x (Port Security) & Subnetting
· Static NAT, IP summarization, Route-maps, Subnetting, Multicast, Quality of Service (QOS)
· Cisco ISE
· Cisco Catalysis 3800 Series Routers and 6500,3750, Series Switches (Preferred)
· Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) & Vlan Pruning
· Cisco Prime Infrastructure & Environmental monitors (Preferred)
· Planning & Network Design
· Introductory knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and Linux experience
· 1-3 years’ experience administering and maintaining the above or similar networking equipment at the Access, Distribution, and Core levels
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
Familiarity with DoD and US Air Force instructions and regulations on network security and operation a plus.
Experience operating and maintaining a DoD or Air Force Cisco network environment highly desirable.