NCI: The Network Manager (Integration and Sustainment) supports a highly-skilled team of technical network engineers responsible for providing capability management, technical engineering, integration, and troubleshooting services to NETCOM in accordance with (IAW) operational evaluation, and policy development practices from Ft. Huachuca, AZ. They will be responsible for 165 CONUS and OCONUS sites providing predictive analysis for network performance and baseline metrics and troubleshoot identified issues either remotely or on-site. This role will oversee team members responsible for implementing and maintaining network hardware and software, analyzing problems, and monitoring networks to ensure service availability to system users. The Network Manager will be responsible for the design, installation, and support of all computer network services, including local-area networks (LAN), wide- area networks (WAN), network segments, VPN tunnels, and Internet and Intranet systems. The Network Manager is also responsible for gathering data to identify customer needs and apply that data in identifying, interpreting and evaluating system and network requirements as well as coordinating and implementing network security measures. The Network Manager provides customer support, maintenance, and administration to the department's network. Specifically, the Network Manager (Integration and Sustainment) duties will also include weekly reporting, upkeep of Lab Equipment, Fluke OptiView Maintenance/Patching and Field Use, Daily KPI Report, Site KPI Analysis Report (SKAR), Packet Analysis, TDY Support, Weekly CG and Early Bird Theater Signal Command Briefs.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Network Manager (Integration and Sustainment) possesses knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- Planning and designing of integrated network solutions of integrated network solutions.
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards and policies.
- Maximizes network performance by both monitoring and analyzing performance, troubleshooting problems, tuning, optimizing, and balancing.
- Performs evaluation of network performance issues including: availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Secures network by developing network access and controls by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Establishes policies and develops controls for network access and monitoring.
- Defines network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Leads support and resolution of complex problems and acts as an escalation resource for team members and customers.
- Provides guidance, oversight, training, and best practices to empower the HIS network practice
- Serves as the product owner for all computer network services, including local-area networks (LAN), wide- area networks (WAN), network segments, VPN tunnels, and Internet and Intranet systems.
- DoD Experience – Army NOSC or DISA Experience Preferred
- Working experience and knowledge in troubleshooting use one or more packet analysis applications: Wireshark, Fluke OptiView XG, NetScout nGenius Performance Manager, NetScout Unified Management Console, NetScout InfiniStream, Riverbed Packet Analyzer
- Working experience and knowledge in troubleshooting use one or more network and application performance management: , NetScout nGenius Performance Manager, NetScout Unified Management Console, Riverbed AppResponse Xpert, Riverbed Cascade Express
- Working experience and knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x and 6.x, MS Windows 7, 8, and 10, MS Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2, Cisco iOS, Juniper OS
- Working experience and knowledge in virtualization;
- Working experience and knowledge in networking to include one or more of the following: IPv4/IPv6, VLAN, VRF/VPN, MPLS, routing protocols, QoS, NAC/NAP 802.1x, VoIP, Proxy Services, WAN optimizers, SSL accelerators, EoIP, wireless, VTC, remote access, performance and protocol analyzer, load balancer, IPSec
- Experience with one or more Army Enterprise Tools: MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Center Operations Manager (SCOM), MS Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), MS Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), McAfee Host Base Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Tenable Security Center and Nessus, CA-Spectrum, NeetScout, Arcsight
- Extensive Network troubleshooting