ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BY LEVEL:
NCI: As an Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication (EDS&A) Systems Engineer – Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide security engineering and analysis supporting the implementation of EDS&A across the AEI.
- Conduct and document security risk threat assessments, prepare recommendations for countermeasures.
- Provide security-related technical expertise for the h/w and s/w components. Also, provide processes and procedures, input determination and analysis to the security policies, risk analysis, accreditation package analysis, and engineering change proposal analysis.
- Provide security expertise to support development of Operational CM baselines for EDS&A tools and systems.
- Develop procedures, such as an implementation guide.
- Implement and standardize Directory Service, Identity Management, and AD structures on the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and DoDIN in the AEI in support of the Enterprise initiative.
- Support the Enterprise AD architecture design and migration fielding. Perform NIPRNET/SIPRNET/DoDIN AD migration support to an AD and EDS environment.
- Provide operational engineering and support the establishment of the Army Enterprise AD/EDS system. Support AD infrastructure design and migration.
- Identify and provide enterprise h/w and s/w requirements for IDAM.
- Verify and validate the Army Directory Services architecture IAW industry best business practices. Modify network design infrastructure to identify PPS for global Enterprise constructs.
- Review and recommend alignment of project requirements with related AD applications, and EDS enterprise designs and plans. Provide engineering integration support to mitigate unforeseen technical issues during CCRM.
- Develop standardized GPO, and IPSec model, design and management in support of the multiple AD/EDS environments across the Army, and develop programmatic scripts as necessary. Identify and confirm that derived enterprise solutions are consistent, are without redundancy, and do not negatively impact operations.
- Conduct AD and enterprise testing for related operational RFC submitted to NETCOM. Provide and document design integration of proposed technologies for the Army Enterprise.
- Provide EDS/RDS system sustainment engineering and analysis support for the legacy EDS.
- Provide input for Project RFC submissions for CMB review.
- Technical support in defining, documenting, and sustaining system internal (Army) and external (DISA) Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services as delivered from the DISA Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) environment.
ADVISORY STAFF SPECIALIST III
- Provides expert advice and support on network design, engineering and implementation issues
- Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members
- Actively participates in multiple work groups at one time and disseminates information across all levels of the organization
- Translates subject matter terminology into business terms and recommends alternatives to both senior management and software developers
- May be required to perform product demonstrations in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, training sessions and trade shows