NCI: As an Enterprise Out of Band Management, Remote Desktop Services Systems Engineer - Senior ( Systems Engineer IV ), you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Armys maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Support the planning, system design, implementation, and integration of AD RDS, to include the integration and AD administration at enterprise domain and organization unit level in support of AD five theater consolidation environment, EDS, and NetOps capabilities.
- Provide Tier III technical support in the development of change controls, configuration management, operations procedures, telephonic assistance procedures, and service delivery activities required to maintain mission-readiness during implementation.
- Provide support for the development of an RDS design that will support AD six theater administration of domain controllers, users, and applications.
- Ensure IT programs and other initiatives implementing enterprise NetOps capabilities are properly integrated and structured to support the gathering and reporting of critical NetOps elements of information within the AD RDS solution at all levels of the LWN. This effort includes review of all critical Warfighter IT programs scheduled to implement any NetOps capability such as WIN-T and FCS.
- Provide enterprise expertise, technical planning, coordination, integration, and operational support to ensure there is a fully integrated AD, including EDS/Identity Management, account management, remote management and messaging capabilities in support of the Army and Joint NetOps initiatives.
- Assist with the integration, distribution, and management of Microsoft Technologies, such as: Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, messaging, MOSS 2007/2010, SysMan, and other LWN capabilities into RDS.
- Provide testing of proposed Army Enterprise RDS technical solutions that have a global footprint across the Army Theater community, supporting Information Technology (IT) consolidation and the collapsing of some of the existing AD infrastructures, to include previously established functional forests and Theater Resource Forests.
- Support migration of EDS&A Administrative and NETOPS tools into the Remote Desktop Service (RDS) Management environment.
- Support establishment of the RDS security infrastructure design, implementation, and migration planning and fielding.
- Provide system sustainment engineering and analysis supporting RDS security.