NCI: As Senior Database Analyst / Programmer (Database Administrator IV), you will provide non-personal services for the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) and all Army networks, Non-secure Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet). You will provide operational and technical system administration services required to support the Army Enterprise and all Army Network capabilities, as well as operational and technical systems of systems support to NETCOM for the Army Enterprise capabilities CONUS and the Global Enterprise Fabric (GEF). Support duties may included, but are not limited to, addressing technical questions concerning enterprise solutions in tactical environments, virtual environments and closed networks. In addition, you will also provide systems of systems administration with firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, Remedy ITSM, virtual routing and forwarding (VRF), proxy servers, and provide a host of network security capabilities. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Support the Army Enterprise Management (AEM) of CONUS network capabilities allowing information traversing Department of Defense (DoD) information networks to be continuously monitored to ensure response time as well as throughput and performance standards.
- Provide the Army Enterprise functions to include failover, diversity, and elimination of critical failure points as a means to assure timely delivery of critical information. The AEM of CONUS network capabilities consists of a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, proxy and enterprise management, VRF, and provides a host of network security capabilities.
- Provide systems of systems (SoS) (Multiple dispersed, independent or intra dependent systems elements performing a function (i.e. Operating System (OS), Hardware (HW), Data base, application) which are interoperable with other elements or systems to perform a function in context as part of a larger, more complex system) administration support. Architectures will change as all Top Level Architectures (TLAs) are consolidated into approximately 28 Army Enterprise services sites.
- Provide 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week SoS service and administration support.
- Provide support at Fort Huachuca, AZ and Temporary Duty (TDY) travel at various other CONUS locations as required. Provide technical advice and support services for system planning, assessment and authorization, implementation, and management of the Army Enterprise SoS.
- System Administration (SA) and Information Assurance (IA) compliance. Run system reports as required, document all changes to the current systems or associated servers, interconnecting hardware and the respective software in accordance with the Army Enterprise Configuration Change Release Management (CCRM) policy as required by US Cyber Command/US Army CYBER Command and NETCOM.
- Perform vulnerability scanning, remediation, reporting, and patch management for managed systems.
- Apply current Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRG) as mandated by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to all Enterprise systems. Update all enterprise systems that require upgrades, reconfiguring or troubleshooting with the most current STIGs, up to and including completion of deployment support.
- Apply ITIL®-based business processes and service management standards and requirements as identified in ISO 2000 in a DOD operational environment.
- Determine level of effort, identify problems and solutions. Request, receive, study, and translate vendor base Enterprise for routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, IPS/IDS, and Army DoDIN/O&M/CND tools and applications within JRSS for Situational Awareness (SA).
- Operate, monitor, sustain, and secure managed devices at each JRSS Army Enterprise network site. Provide support for router operations for routing devices within the Army JRSS boundary.
- Analyze and optimize network device performance, network VRF traffic flows, and utilization for routing devices within Army JRSS boundary.
- Develop scripts and utilities for routine task automation and connection to software Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) within Army JRSS boundary.
- Operate, monitor, sustain, and secure Army JRSS Security Systems which include the IPS/IDS, firewall, proxy, and routers.
- Leverage the capabilities of the Army JRSS Network Monitoring Tools to provide an effective, proactive security posture. Update existing tool set displays and dashboards, as needed, to meet the customer's requirements.
- Develop and Maintain the Knowledge and Lessons Learned repository of TTPs, migration documentation, change requests, product updates, architecture diagrams, and all daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Participate in technical working groups to assist in identification of issues and development of solutions for the SQL Server Database system.