NCI: As the Systems Administrator (System Administrator I), you will have the opportunity to support the Rome Research Lab by providing system administration support services. Your knowledge and experience will ensure the government customer's goals and systems are supported to the highest standards with the utmost professionalism. Your ability to work with the customer and ensure project tasks are met will provide satisfaction in supporting the Rome Research Lab. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and service that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide support, integration, operation, and maintenance of various system management products, services and capabilities on both the unclassified and classified network
- Work closely with government staff to sustain user systems and services, and support operations in Microsoft Active Directory
- May recommend product, service, and process improvements to provide increased level of network availability
- Assist in overall mission support capabilities; provide comprehensive information collection for trouble tickets, conference calls, and requests for information (RFI).
- Process all applicable service requests in accordance with Rome Lab support contract.
- Document downtime to include date and time, total downtime, problem, corrective actions and preventative recommendations
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on servers and related hardware in accordance to the approved maintenance schedule
- Monitor, maintain and optimize server resources and ensure that the resources are sufficient to all successful operations