NCI: As a Service Desk Manager (Project Manager IV), you will be responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service by providing direct Tier I and Tier II Customer Service Center support to the Joint Service Provider (JSP) user community. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in applying best practices to service delivery in a similar, large enterprise environment and a track record of meeting or exceeding contractual service level agreements.The Service Desk Manager will manage day-to-day activities by supervising the Help Desk technical support staff and leading the Help Desk in engaging in more proactive planning, support, and organizing the Help Desk to be flexible and adaptable team in meeting the changing needs of the organization. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Respsonsibilities:
- Managing the performance of service desk and desk side services to users.
- Providing users efficient and timely first and second level support to ensure that service levels are achieved in line with the contract, and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Overseeing all aspects of Service Desk operations including plans, implementations, deployments, support and maintenance functions.
- Ensuring timely, accurate, and complete assistance to JSP users in the areas of PC support, desktop applications, printers, and tablets according to set Service Level Agreements and IT procedures
- Monitoring IT Service Desk (application and desktop/tablet support) operations and escalations of service requests to various tier III support teams, application development, business units, and IT senior management when appropriate
- Providing strong leadership and management for a diverse team, including recruitment, training and development, disciplinary matters and appraisals
- Functioning as the principle representative of the end-user community and represents its views and changing needs back to the IT operations
- Implementing applicable industry best practice support model, such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 to improve JSP's IT operations maturity level and move to a more customer-centric support focus for all IT services
- Overseeing desktop support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensures that support procedures are being followed
- In consultation with IT senior management, establishing, communicating, and monitoring IT support service level agreements (SLAs)
- Establishing and managing procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (tier 1), tier 2, and tier 3 resources
- Responsible for the development and delivery of ITIL-based service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially availability, reliability and incident management