NCI: As a Service Desk Support Technician (Desktop Support Technician II), you will provide Tier 1 support for escalated hardware, network and/or software issues by end-users for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP) in the National Capital Region (NCR). You will support user and incident requests utilizing existing procedures to monitor, track and resolve work orders in a timely manner. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Answering helpdesk calls, and responding to voicemails in a timely manner
- Greeting customers and assisting in creating and updating IT support tickets (Remedy) per defined service-level agreements
- Evaluating, prioritizing, solving, and escalating all tickets to the appropriate Tier Support, and/or correcting the assignment of tickets as required
- Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
- Assigning ticket severity by walking customers through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems
- Updating and maintaining service work notes
- Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
- Consulting with immediate supervisor or higher-level IT specialists on possible solutions
- Coordinating with technicians to provide status updates to outstanding tickets
- Collaborating and following up with technicians to resolve requests, and provide status updates on outstanding support tickets
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
- Following-up with users/customers to ensure resolution of issues, closing tickets only when the resolution to the issue has been reached, to the satisfaction of the user/customer.
- Participating in workshops, seminars, or other events as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Government, contract or supervisors in coordination with the SLA’s.