NCI: As an Enterprise SCCM Packaging / Software delivery and IAVM packaging Engineering Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Support SysMan Enterprise Packaging Layer technologies to automatically and persistently consolidate asset data; deliver IAVA and Army Standard Software, integrate with SCCM and SCOM hierarchies.
- Sustain and provide configuration management of SysMan Enterprise/Packaging Layer environment. Provide/Support Microsoft-developed SysMan Enterprise/Packaging Layer integration and software delivery.
- Develop implementation guidance and recommend detailed product feature specifications to support integration of SysMan. Perform software delivery/packaging service, operating system deployment and configuration management.
- Perform site-specific risk mitigation activities as part of change/configuration management to ensure smooth implementation of, and transition to, new SysMan software delivery/packaging and configuration management automation capabilities.
- Create, test, and distribute IAVM, AGM, common operating systems, application packages, scripts, batch programs to provide software delivery/packaging and configuration management of the computing platform environment.
- Create and sustain automated processes for software delivery/packaging, operating system deployment, and configuration management to distribute throughout enterprise SCCM hierarchy. Report status of distribution, i.e. received, applied, not-applied. This includes documented automated release of software through SysMan Tier 0 for those SCCM sites integrated within hierarchy as well as software made available publically.
- Submit recommendations for use of SysMan software delivery, packaging, operating system deployment and configuration management capability for non-Windows environments.
- Develop initial guidance on use of SCCM software delivery/packaging, operating system deployment, and configuration management capability to TNOSC administrators.
- Generate NetOps strategies for enhanced IT operations of software delivery, patching, and configuration management.
- Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments, and design reviews of NetOps capabilities to validate enterprise approach and associated work products.
- Work with the AGM program, Army system administrators, database administrators, desktop support staff, programmers, analysts, and other professionals; coordinate resolution of highly complex problems and tasks.
- Provide Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues submitted to the SysMan Program and issues elevated by system administrators.
- Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues.