NCI: As a Service Desk Lead (Help Desk Manager), you will direct and coordinate the Service Desk team activities to efficiently respond to customer requests for technical support received via phone, email, voice mail, and fax in service of the Joint Service Provider (JSP) Service Desk program. As Lead, you will also help develop and maintain Operational Level Agreements between the government customer and contract staff, spearheading our mission to deliver continuous improvements in productivity, reliability, technical knowledge, customer facing skills, and adherence to established standard operating procedures. The Service Desk Lead will be responsible for the mentorship and direct supervision of approximately 25 Service Desk Technicians, monitoring day-to-day call and ticket management activities in this 24x7x365 environment. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Create work schedules, update the front end voicemail when necessary, complete the daily attendance and shift handoff reports, and provide ideas for improvement in daily operations of the client Service Center.
- Provide subject matter expertise in all areas of Service Desk Delivery and knowledge sharing/training of all technical solutions and processes employed in the EITSD enterprise environment.
Respond immediately to escalations, events, and customer requests.
- Monitor the Call Management System to ensure calls are being answered with speed.
Retrieve voice mails received by the Service Center and convert to tickets.
- Establish email schedule to ensure requests via IT Service Center mailbox and/or faxes are being answered promptly and efficiently.
- Contribute to Hot Button Resolution Times and monitor team results in this area to assure the team consistently meets the Contract Service Level Metrics.
- Perform the duties of a technical expert on the shift.
- Instruct, correct, and train and mentor the Service Desk team in the proper performance of the standard operating procedures and professional customer interaction.
- Participate in daily reporting requirements to team and management as well as function as the team “GO-TO” for any operational questions and support.
- Ensure proper ticket escalation and hand off procedures are follow and first call resolution targets are achieved.
- Daily ticket auditing to ensure proper categorization of tickets and completion of notes and summaries.
- Analyze the team’s performance metrics to identify knowledge or process gaps and target areas for continuous improvement.
- Account for everyone on team daily. Validate hours worked. During absences ensure workload is re-distributed, tickets are re-assigned, pre-scheduled appointments are notified. Ensure proper staff at required locations.
- Ensure staff utilizes proper Login/Logout, and Aux codes during scheduled hours.
Ensure admin tools, admin URLs, and SOPs are available at all times to support help desk technicians.
- Provide input to update SOPs as needed. Update GAL.
- Interact and coordinate with other leads, supervisors and managers as needed to resolve escalated issues.
- Be administratively and technically proficient.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all help desk high/critical Remedy tickets.
- Support the development of strategic helpdesk plans.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and support development of SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Conduct Brown Bag training sessions across all Service Desk and Desk Side Teams.
- Generate and merge data from multiple sources/organizations to provide reports to the government Board of Directors and to help with true-up initiatives to stay compliant with standards and practices across the Enterprise.
- Help develop and maintain Operational Level Agreements between contract staff/tasks and the government customer.
- Propose new technologies/applications to the government customer to further aid continuous improvement of processes and methodologies.