ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BY LEVEL:
NCI: As an Active Directory Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert ( Advisory Staff Specialist III ), you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army's maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located in Fort Huachuca, AZ. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Providing security engineering and analysis supporting the implementation of Enterprise Directory Services & Authentication (EDS&A) across the Army Enterprise Infostructure (AEI).
- Conducting and documenting security risk threat assessments, as well as preparing recommendations for countermeasures.
- Providing security-related technical expertise for hardware and software components and in the development of Operational Configuration Management (CM) baselines for EDS&A tools and support of Identity and Access Management (IDAM) systems.
- Providing input for the determination and analysis of security policies, risk analysis, accreditation package analysis, engineering change proposal analysis, and developing process and procedures such as implementation guides.
- Implementing and standardizing Directory Service, Identity Management, and AD structures on the Non-secure (NIPRNet), Secured (SIPRNet), and Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) in the AEI in support of the Enterprise initiative.
- Supporting the Enterprise Active Directory (AD) architecture design and migration fielding, performing AD migration support to an AD and Enterprise Directory Services (EDS) environment across the AEI.
- Providing operational engineering and support for AD infrastructure design in the establishment of the Army Enterprise AD/EDS system.
- Verifying and validating the Army Directory Services architecture in accordance with industry best business practices.
- Modifying the network design infrastructure to identify any need post production support for global Enterprise constructs.
- Reviewing and advising on the alignment of project requirements with related AD applications, and EDS enterprise designs and plans.
- Providing engineering integration support to mitigate unforeseen technical issues during Configuration Change and Release Management (CCRM) and contributing input for Request for Change (RFC) submissions for Configuration Management Board (CMB) review.
- Developing standardized Group Policy Object (GPO) and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) model designs in support of the multiple AD/EDS environments across the Army.
- Developing programmatic scripts as necessary to identify and confirm that derived enterprise solutions are without redundancy, consistent, and do not negatively impact operations.
- Defining, documenting, and sustaining system internal (Army) and external (DISA) Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services.
- Conducting AD and enterprise testing for related operational RFC submitted to NETCOM. Provide and document design integration of proposed technologies for the Army Enterprise.
- Providing EDS/RDS system sustainment engineering and analysis support for the legacy EDS.
- Defining, documenting, and sustaining internal (Army) and external (DISA) system Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services as delivered from DISA.