NCI: As an Enterprise Systems Management (SysMan) Engineer / System Center integrator, Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide support to operational organizations supporting RFCs and IAVA compliance.
- Support re-engineering efforts required by integration to GNE AD, and other systems external to SysMan via approved data standards. These systems include but are not limited to Remedy/ITSM, NetMan, HBSS, ACAS/REM/Retina, and DoD VMS.
- Submit recommendations for use of SysMan Management tools for non-Windows environments and implement the Government’s chosen solution.
- Develop and update guidance on use of SysMan capabilities to all levels of administrators.
- Develop and update system baseline documentation and system changes and input into the project configuration management database.
- Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments, and design reviews of NetOps capabilities to validate enterprise approach and associated work products.
- Maintain SysMan capability security posture and system baseline. This includes conducting routine security scans, testing and applying mitigation actions, and coordinating any scheduled service interruptions in accordance with operational engineering system standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical integration, engineering, test and analysis and operational support to continue development, implementation, and sustainment of the SysMan capability on NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
- Deploy and maintain SysMan systems in support of EOF/Lab/Fabric testing environments.
- Provide Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues submitted to the SysMan Program and issues elevated by system administrators. Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues.