NCI: As a Senior IT Capability / Project Manager (Project Manager IV) you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), SECRET Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN). You will support NETCOM in applying architecture to Army Enterprise programs at various life cycle stages. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located in Fort Huachuca, Arizona; some relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Performing capability management by developing vision and direction for Army organizations to include formulation of IT infrastructure and services to produce a coherent IT environment in order to ensure NETCOM can Operate, Manage, and Defend the Army's portion of the DODIN consistent with, and as a part of, Joint and Combined forces.
- Providing technical expertise in the development and maintenance of Project Plan and Integrated
- Scheduling in support of assigned capability for government approval.
- Monitoring and documenting project implementation activities using established Government guidelines and reporting procedures.
- Identifying any potential changes needed in the project cost, schedule or performance.
- Documenting gap analysis, staging, installation, testing within the established schedule, operational and costing parameters in support of the assigned capability.
- Developing and updating Gantt chart that exhibits the program progress and defines specific work required to accomplish the objective.
- Drafting a work breakdown structure that identifies a comprehensive and specific way ahead for the project.
- Assisting the Government in synchronizing requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project (site survey, staging, installation, testing, training), within cost, schedule and performance identifying any
issues in project meetings.
- Creating, reviewing and updating documents and matrices, and provide status reports.
- Develop charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams that identify trends to assist in the analysis of capability problems.
- Developing documentation that includes equipment information and procedures for Tier III support.
- Assisting the Government in validating spend plans and quantifying equipment and associated costs.
- Recommending changes to processes, standards and technologies to improve service or cost delivery.
- Providing recommendations for Command improvements to reduce overall costs, including but not limited to input to business case analysis, cost benefit analysis, and e-business solutions.
- Supporting the development of resource plans that includes costing for software/hardware purchase, maintenance, and consulting services for current and out-year costs.
- Providing input to the development and update RMF and Networthiness documentation as required and complete the artifacts for RMF and Networthiness acceptance.
- Registering, monitoring, and updating the system being implemented in the Army Profile Management System (APMS) database.
- Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for a moderately complex technical program
- Incumbent is not responsible for Profit & Loss (P&L) or business development, but is accountable to oversee results of multi-functional project teams
- Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer
- Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received
- May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs