NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. Coupled with a refined focus on strategic partnerships, we are successfully bridging the gap between commercial best practices and mission-critical government processes. Core competencies include:
NCI has been designated a 2018 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
NCI: As the Network Engineer, you will have the opportunity to support the Army by providing network support services. Your knowledge and experience will ensure the government customers goals and system is supported to the highest standards with the utmost professionalism. You will perform wireless network support, network systems upgrades,network systems configuration support, network system operational support and network problem logging / troubleshooting. Your ability to work with the customer and ensure project tasks are met will provide satisfaction in supporting the US Army. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Install and configure networking equipment such as Brocade switches, CISCO Ethernet switches , Blueridge and Cisco Virtual Private Network (VPN) concentrators , Fujitsu Flashwave Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Cisco Switches , Routers , and PIX/ASA firewalls.
• Diagnose and resolve networking problems associated with Hewlett Packard Ethernet Switches , Brocade Ethernet switches , Blueridge , VPN concentrators , Fujitsu Flashwave DWDM and Cisco Switches, Routers, and PIX/ASA firewalls.
• Configure data network encryption devices such as TACLANE 175 E-100 , TACLANE 175 mini-B and D model , TACLANE 175A, TACLANE 245A, and KIV 7.
• Develop, implement, and assess network security measures and promote IT and network security control measures, practices, and techniques.
• Install and configure SMS., SCCM , CA Spectrum , Brocade Network Advisor , Fujitsu NetSmart 1500 , VPN , SharePoint , and other network management systems as needed.
• Diagnose and resolve systems problems for CA Spectrum , SMS , SCCM , VPN , SharePoint , and other network management systems as needed.
• Plan and prepare network configurations for ingress/egress of the ICAN.
• Perform network security support as requested.
• Review the operation and maintenance of networking equipment.
• Recommend methods to improve NEC operations.
• Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Design, set up and configure complex switching environments
• Design, set up and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
• Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
• Process all applicable service requests IAW CIO/G6 C4IM service list.
• Intermediate proficiency in current Brocade and Cisco Ethernet switches, Blueridge and Cisco VPN concentrators , Fujitsu Flashwave DWDM and Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) switches, Cisco Switches , Routers , and PIX/ASA firewalls.
• Intermediate experience supporting Microsoft SMS and SCCM , VPN , MPLS , and Spectrum Management Systems.
• Active Security+ CE certification and actively participating in CompTIA's CE program.
• Active CCNA or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Active Secret Clearance
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree in related technical discipline.
• 4-7 years of related experience.
• Prior military service or support of military customers.