ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BY LEVEL:
NCI: As an Network Management Engineering Systems Engineer - Senior, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Provide systems engineering to infuse NetMan NetOps technical capabilities into the Army’s global Enterprise from the site level up, consisting of, but not limited to, NetScout, CA Spectrum® and eHealth®. Assist the Government in participating with all phases of the system development, planning, analysis, integration, testing and acceptance phases.
- Provide engineering designs, integration, testing, and sustainment to include integration with ITSM and NetOps.
- Research and analyze DoD and DA security standards to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure NetMan servers and applications are scanned monthly to ensure Red Hat OS and Windows Server or application vulnerabilities are mitigated or remediated.
- Test various application functionality to include monitoring and managing.
- Support the system administration of all software in the NetMan suite of tools and coordinate efforts for system administrator-required tasks.
- Provide NetOps engineering support for the integration and sustainment of NetMan/NetOps tools and transitional operations associated with Network Management and Operations, and Network Performance Monitoring. Support CMDB and Industrial Test Program administration Manual (ITPAM) interface operations implemented for all RCC.
- Provide sustainment and CM of NetMan for multiple spirals of NetMan life cycle, i.e., one location may be in the engineering phase while another has transitioned to operations, and others are still in the planning stage. Coordinate and support remote and on-site implementations as required; coordinate activities with related capabilities and participate in cross-task teams as needed to support the overarching NetOps integration.
- Support physical moves of current NetMan operational infrastructure, e.g., moves from the DISA Green Space, and/or Regional Cyber Center (RCC) to potential future Army operated facilities. Support NetMan implementations, which expands NetMan to CONUS NECs. Support NetMan in a Distributed SpectroServer® implementation to support NetMan Tier 0.
- Provide Red Hat Linux and Windows Server OS support for the CM lab and integration of ITSM in support of O&M.
- Support re-engineering efforts required by integration to GNE AD, and other systems external to NetMan via approved data standards. These systems include, but are not limited to, Remedy/ITSM, SysMan, HBSS, ACAS/Tenable, and DoD Vulnerability Management System (VMS).