NCI: As the Quality Assurance Analyst on site, you will have an opportunity to serve as a technical authority for the planning, developing, organizing, evaluating, administering, and coordinating a quality assurance programs supporting the development, acquisition, production, and fielding of systems for a Product Manager (PdM) under the Program Executive Office Soldier at Ft. Belvoir, VA. The work is characterized by extremely broad and complex systems involving diverse contractor operations and functions. The comprehensive quality assurance program is designed to ensure that contractors meet their responsibilities for product quality in the areas of procurement and acquisition for state-of-the-art systems and equipment for the PdM. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Develop quality input for program management documents to include acquisition plans and strategies, source selection evaluation plans, supportability strategies, system engineering plans, statements of work, and specifications, and ensure appropriate contract clauses are called out in PM-SSL contracts.
- Coordinate with product managers, users, ATEC, and other Government agencies as needed to translate operational and mission needs into practical system concepts and specifications.
- Assure compliance with contractual scope, schedules, specifications, and other requirements, and when appropriate, recommend program and contract changes.
- Develop or evaluate sampling plans based on MIL-STD-1916, ANSI Z1.4, or other industry standards.
- Review and ensure adequacy of all test plans, procedures, and reports for assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests;.
- Ensure effective root cause corrective action for all failures as well as adequacy of validation and implementation plans.
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for quality impact, and conduct physical and functional configuration audits.
- Prepare contract letters for Quality Lead and COR signature for review of all quality related contract data.
- Conduct audits of contractor quality management systems and system assembly and test procedures, to ensure contractor adherence to ISO 9001, the specification, and to all contract requirements.
- Evaluate contractor quality data, metrics, and process controls.
- Work with contractors to improve their quality system, processes and implementation of process controls.
- Conduct continuing review and evaluation of system performance through review of reports, correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits, and observation of internal operations.
- Provide Product Assurance Suitability Statement for material release;
- Ensure product quality deficiency reports (PQDR) are adequately addressed.
- Work with DCMA and monitor support provided on PM programs, ensure establishment of quality assurance letters of instruction(QALIs) and/or memorandum of agreement(MOA) where required, and review DCMA surveillance plans for adequacy.