NCI is seeking a Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) Team Lead for the Joint Service Provider's Cyber Security program. The PPSM program provides implementation guidance on the use of IP protocols, application, systems and data services that traverse the DoD Information Network in a manner that supports net-centric operations. The PPSM Team Lead supports the PPSM Program IAW DoD Instruction 8551.1 through the assurance that all Enterprise Information System Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS) are registered in the PPSM central registry; are categorized and updated on the PPSM Category Assurance List; non-standard requests are not deployed prior to approval from the Authorizing Official (AO); and assist the Government to develop, revise, implement, and enforce PPSM policies. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.NCI is always seeking talent and although this position is contingent upon an open position, we encourage you to apply.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Ensuring and reporting that all systems on the network, to include ISs in eMASS, are captured in the PPSM registry.
- Processing PPS requests within established timelines: Critical/Emergency (work stoppage) 1 to 2 days; High/Expedite 3 days and Med/Low (Routine) 5 days of receipt of a request conduct PPSM reviews and generate PPSM Request Summary that identifies PPS, enclaves and boundaries of traffic, recommended risk mitigations, customer coordination, and status of request.
- Monitoring and processing customer ticket requests through the government information technology service management (ITSM) tool (i.e. Remedy) for enterprise change requests.
- Supporting new project efforts to ensure stakeholders understand the requirements for complying with both standard and non-standard PPS requests.
- Utilizing the JSP Risk Management Division Portal to collect and aggregate PPSM & Whitelist artifacts, trends, and performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annual basis ensuring metrics align with processing requirements and any other performance metric required for reporting status of tasks.
- The performance metrics at a minimum will include the categorization of the change request types, time to resolution, the volume of tickets, number of requests per customer, number of tickets completed, number of tickets completed, number of port requested for a specified period of time to include monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annual activity.
- The PPSM artifacts may include, but are not limited to, DSAWG Exception Requests, Emails, and related enterprise change ticket documentation.